Rob is a highly qualified, award winning Financial Advisor with decades of corporate and professional services experience. Rob first advised clients on financial planning in the 1980’s and has also operated as a tax agent since 1987. Rob created the first ever Superannuation Savings Account for a major Australian bank which still operates nearly 20 years later. Rob has been CEO of a Credit Union as well as the CEO and Company Secretary of a Superannuation Trustee Company, giving him experience in interpretation of complex regulatory legislation and requirements.
Today Rob specialises in advising clients on how to take control of their investments using sophisticated investment strategies and Self-Managed Super Funds.
Rob is also a Public practitioner of CPA Australia and abides by their code of ethics and Rules of Professional conduct as well as being accredited as an Authorised Representative of FYG Planners Pty Ltd.
Before meeting Rob it’s always a good idea to think about your current financial situation and futures goals as every meeting is unique and tailored to you.
Rob will approach the meeting from the perspective of:
• To have your best interests, top of mind.
• Personalised approach with personal solutions to your financial needs.
• Ability to deal with complex situations with the ability to provide proven financial advice.
• The desire to give you a sense of control over your investments.
• Give you the best opportunity to make the most of your money or investments.
• Communication on a regular basis.
• Provide educated strategic financial advice.
• Realistic and achievable financial goals.
• Written plan and excellent execution.
• Enthusiasm towards assisting your financial freedom.
Our first meeting:
In preparation for your meeting with Rob, could you please bring the following documentation. All of these documents are important so we are able to cover all basis of your financial situation and provide you with the best service possible to help you reach your financial Goals.
- Completed: Risk Profile Questionnaire.
- Superannuation statements from all funds.
- Personal insurance documents.
- Centrelink statements.
- Any relevant documentations regarding current investments, liabilities or loans e.g. Mortgage repayments, investment property information, current share holdings.
- Personal statements, monthly income and outgoings.
- Photo Identification: Drivers licence (Preferred) or Passport (If you don’t have a drivers licence).As we are required to collect this to proceed.
Why you should choose us:
Rob focuses on building meaningful and personal relationships, he wants his clients to be inspired and excited about their financial future. Rob differs from other advisers as he is ensures transparency and trust between the clients and himself, while providing sophisticated wealth strategies that meet their financial goals. Rob is invested with every client he sees, he wants to assist them to grow financially and live the life they want, without any financial hardships or difficulties.
Rob is the Chief Executive of Fortune Financial Advice which is a privately-owned financial services firm with no alignment with any bank, lender or insurer. This way, the client’s financial advice is provided with no external influencing factors.
Standing out from his peers in the Financial Advice industry, Rob has worked at senior levels in the corporate world, banking, superannuation and technology as well as financial advice. His numerous qualifications in accounting, tax, superannuation, financial advice means he is uniquely placed to put together sophisticated yet practical strategies across all these disciplines.
Rob’s many awards have been based on client feedback, demonstrating his strong ability to build personal relationships based on trust as well as outstanding technical ability.
Fortune Financial Advice provides a full range of investment advice, financial services and accounting advice.
Fortune Financial Advice is a boutique advice firm and is aligned with Fortune Financial Accounting, a full service CPA Accounting Practice which is also a specialist Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) Administrator. Rob and his team provide Holistic and Specialised Financial Advice dependant on client needs. With access to the full range of Wealth products, you can be recommended what suits your needs, including the latest options in the market whether the best option for personal investments or for those it suits an SMSF.
Fortune Financial Advice has no alignment with any bank, lender or insurer and will always put what is important to our clients first.
What Will Your Journey be like with us at Fortune Financial Advice?
Our 7-stage journey is designed to engage and connect with you during your optimal financial journey with Rob and the Fortune Financial Advice team.
Stage 1: Contacting Find Financial Planners for Financial Advice.
We appreciate by taking this step:
- You want to take control of your financial freedom.
- You want to understand your financial situation.
- You have arranged a free consultation meeting.
- You have completed a mini financial fact find.
Stage 2: Initial consultation, Foundations to wealth, Understanding your financial goals and needs.
During this stage we want to understand your needs. Our process includes an initial consultation to:
- Understanding your current financial situation and what is important to you.
- Discuss the financial goals you would like to achieve.
- Talk through your current financial situation and how that connects with the rest of your life.
- Assess the level of risk appropriate for your needs when choosing an investment.
- Talk through the services we provide relevant to your needs.
- Go through the actions and priorities important to you.
- Book in a further meeting when we can present our tailored Statement of Advice.
- Ongoing contact with you.
Stage 3: Financial research and analysis.
- Collection and collate data.
- Undertake market research, analysis, and costs comparisons based of your financial situation and needs.
- Review any tax implications.
- Prepare Statement of Advice.
- Ongoing contact with you.
Stage 4: Visual clarity of your financial situation, Statement of Advice presentation.
- Full review of your initial consultation.
- Detailed presentation of your Statement of Advice and clarity of your financial situation.
- Collation and disclosure of all your recommended investment products.
- Service and payment discussion.
- Sign off for implementation.
- Ongoing contact with you.
Stage 5: Strategy implementation.
- Any outstanding documentation that needs to be signed for implementation.
- Taking all steps with any institutions or statutory bodies to implement the strategies in your Statement of Advice.
- Ongoing contact with you to inform you of our progress.
Stage 6: Tracking financial progress and 6 month review follow up.
- Follow up meeting and review of your financial positon/ portfolio.
- Your feed back
- Referring us to your friends and family.
Stage 7: Monitoring, re-assessing, review and growing your financial future.
- Taking all steps to ensure we meet your financial goals and targets.
- Ongoing contact with you.
- Continue to monitor your financial portfolio
- Following all compliance regulations.
A little more about Rob:
Rob has a warm and encouraging manner, demonstrated in the level of trust clients have felt with Rob advising them for close to a decade since Fortune Financial Advice commenced. When clients have had a health crisis or a family tragedy, Rob is there to assist – office hours become irrelevant.
Rob is driven to ensure everyone has an opportunity to achieve their dreams, personal and professional. One of Rob’s proudest moments was during a an U13’s Hawthorn Citizens football game. Rob was the team coach and had been encouraging a young player boy with autism to participate in as much of the game as he could. As a coach, Rob was always careful to make sure everyone got equal time on the ground, so everyone had an opportunity to achieve. When this young boy kicked his first ever goal and every other boy on the team rushed to congratulate him, Rob says that was a huge personal highlight.
Rob is a family man with four children and is excited to become a first-time grandparent next year. He loves to travel with his wife Ellie, an entrepreneur and author as well as entertain with friends. Rob is a proud supporter of the Richmond Tigers – a testament to his naturally positive and optimistic nature before their recent level of success.
It’s not about accolades and awards that get Rob up every day, it’s about making differences in people’s lives and solving the financial problems or hurdles that are holding them back. Rob would love to take this financial advice journey along with you to reach your financial goals.