“Find Financial Planners Pty Ltd” ABN 42 607 075 589 (Findfinancialplanners.com.au) is a marketing service that provides you with access to qualified and verified financial planners and factual information you need in relation to our service. We take your privacy seriously. We have published this policy to show we manage the personal information you provide to us when using our services.
In order to provide you with information, tools and other services we may collect and retain “Personal Information” that may identify you or contribute to identifying you. “Personal Information” can include information such as your name, email address, contact details and, in some cases, general financial information. We will not collect your personal information unless it’s necessary to provide the information, advice or service you’ve requested We will only collect your personal information from you or from someone you’ve authorised to provide it to us. We will also only collect information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
When we collect your information
When you use our service (or while you’re accessing our services) we may collect personal information about you. Because we take your privacy seriously we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- who we are and how you can contact us; and
- how you can gain access to the information we have collected about you; and
- the purposes for which the personal information is collected; and
- the organisations (or the types of organisations) to which we may disclose your personal information; and
- the laws that require us to collect this information; and
- the main consequences (if any) for you if you choose not to provide us with personal information about you.
We provide general advice and comparative information about a range of financial and credit products and can help you connect with businesses that provide relevant products and services. The financial services laws often require us to collect some personal information to provide these services and, if you choose not to provide this information, then there is a chance that the information or advice you receive may not be suitable.
We prefer to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual but when you use our services you may provide us with personal information about someone else. We won’t ask you for personal information about someone else unless it’s needed to provide you with the service, advice or information you’ve requested but if you provide us with information about another person, you need to ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to us. It’s your responsibility to ensure that they understand how we will collect, use or disclose the information you provide. You need to take reasonable steps to ensure that they understand that we will not take any additional steps to confirm their understanding of these issues.
How we use personal information
We collect personal information from you to provide you with services, advice and information including
- answering your general queries about financial products, credit products and related matters;
- confirming your identity;
- communicating with you;
- administering our services;
- notifying you of the services we offer;
- carrying out marketing, training or promotional activities;
- Responding to feedback, comments, or any other contact;
- Sending you emails or newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- Carrying out competitions;
- helping you to resolve technical issues with our site;
- helping you to identify products and product providers appropriate for your needs and circumstances;
- sending you to product providers;
- in marketing, educative and promotional material (and then only with your express permission).
By using our services, you consent to us collecting, holding and using your personal information in this way.
We may also access, hold and use aggregated information about the people that use our services. Aggregated information won’t identify you or any other individual but simply provides us with non-personally identifiable data that we’ll use to improve our services, understand our users’ needs and develop tailored content. Although you would have provided us with the information we aggregate for these purposes, it won’t identify you or enable you to be personally identified.
Where we hold your information
The information you provide to us – both personal and general information – is held on our servers within Australia and overseas and access to these servers is restricted. The information we collect is entered into our site by you, imported on your instruction and transmitted across the internet to our servers. By using our service, you are consenting to this process. The service providers who host our servers are not permitted to access your personal information except for the purposes of storing it. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide to us, you should appreciate that the Internet itself is not secure and take care of the personal information that you transfer over the internet or by email.
In a limited number of circumstances, we may use third-party providers to facilitate surveys or mail outs on our behalf. Should this occur, we will only do so where the Service Provider
- commits to securing your personal information in a manner consistent with our policy; or
- neither holds nor retains the personal information access or used for the specific purpose.
When we will disclose your information
As a general principle, we won’t disclose your personal information without your express permission unless
- we are required to do so by the law, to comply with our obligations or exercise our rights;
- it’s necessary to lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s health, life or safety;
- it’s necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to public health or public safety.
How we maintain accurate information
Although we will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, uses or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date, it is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate, complete and current. You control the information you provide to us and you can correct or update any information you choose to provide to us. If you want us to correct our records simply tell us what needs to be changed and why.
How do we retain and secure your personal information?
We will only ask for the information we need to provide you with services, advice and information you request from us. Where we retain your information, it will only be information you provide to us and it will only be collected and used with your express permission. Rest assured that we will, and do, take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold and prevent the misuse, loss or unauthorised use of the information we hold. We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that we do not need or no longer need to retain.
Although Find Financial Planners maintains a regular plan of recovery in the event of the loss of data stored in relation to products and for the purposes of compliance with internal dispute resolution procedures, we do not routinely store individual personal data except with your express permission. Please be aware that when you engage with us via social media, in a forum or by email you may be providing us with some of your personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers or email addresses. This information, which may identify you, is generally not retained by us for our broader use.
We believe in openness
This document sets out our approach to the management of personal information and we make this available to anyone who asks for it. If you need to know more, we are more than happy to explain to you what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information. If you need additional information about the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Law or our obligations you can also access the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
You can access your information
If we hold personal information about you, and in many cases, we won’t, you can request access to the information we hold. We will not restrict your access to the information unless:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to someone’s life or health; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon someone else’s privacy; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us;
- providing access would prejudice our negotiations; or
- providing access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under the law; or
- providing access would be prejudicial or commercially sensitive.
If we can’t provide you with access to the information because of one or more of these reasons (which we will confirm in writing) we will consider reasonable alternatives that may satisfy all parties. You’ll generally be able to access your personal information without cost but, if we think a charge is reasonable it will not be excessive and will not apply to lodging a request for access.
You determine how you’re identified
We only collect the information you provide to us so, to a great extent, when you use our services you can determine how you are identified. You can also choose to remain anonymous. We won’t try to identify by your TFN, Medicare Number or other Government Identifier and we don’t need this information from you. Your ABN may be used in some circumstances but the ABN is not a Government identifier.
Where your personal information may end up
Unless you choose to provide disclose your personal information or instruct us to do so, the personal information we hold will be secured on our servers and not be transferred elsewhere. There are some exceptions, but we won’t transfer personal information to a foreign country unless:
- We believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law or arrangements that are substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles; or
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to your request.
We will not transfer information contrary to this policy or without your consent or in a manner inconsistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
How to provide feedback or request access
We believe in openness and we are committed to ensuring that we respect the privacy of those using the exceptional services we provide. If you want to arrange access to your information or have questions about privacy or the use of this site, contact us at email@example.com
If you have a complaint, you can use the same address or write directly to the Privacy Officer who will try to:
- provide a response within 5 days; and
- investigate and attempt to resolve your complaint within 20 days.
How this policy will be updated
This policy will be updated from time to time and become effective the moment it is posted on our site. If you subsequently use our site or services you are deemed to have a accepted the amended policy