Who uses Find Financial Planners in Melbourne?
There is no better place to start than a service like this one that removes the guess work out of dealing with the financial planning industry. We offer a choice of financial planners to suit your occupation, budget and stage of life.
We see the use of a financial planner much like a financial coach. As such, it is extremely important your financial coach is one of the best. This is because it is your money and financial future we are talking about. As we all know, a lot of people in Melbourne are passionate about either AFL or Cricket. How important is the best coach to the teams overall performance of the team? This team wouldn’t be as successful would they? This is the reason why we suggest you run and don’t walk and fill in our two minute form. We all need a good, successful financial coach or adviser, regardless of how successful we are.
If you have a good successful financial planner, you should be applauded. If you don’t have a coach yet or are not happy with the one you have, maybe the following questions will help inspire you:
- What success are you looking for?
- How do you want to live?
- What is your plan to get there?
The financial planner you decide on will work with you and help identify what you are hoping to achieve . We can also make sure that if your existing financial planner is not suitable, we will find you a better one.
This sounds like your financial planner has not managed your expectations properly and/ or hasn’t correctly profiled your appetite to risk. You’ve probably heard that current and historical performance does not guarantee future performance. We are not fully aware of your circumstances, however this sounds like you may need to have your situation reviewed and see if it was the financial planner or simply unreasonable expectation of performance. Remember financial planners are not magicians and no one particular person could predict what is going to happen in the financial markets. The kind of financial planners who make unreasonable statements and promises they can’t keep (for example: I can predict what is going to happen with your managed fund in the future) should be avoided like the plague. We don’t, nor would we ever want to support a financial planner who makes ludicrous claims. You can relax and be assured, when you fill in our two minute form, our financial advisors have been fully vetted.
- Financial planners are often taught to rank their clients like “A,B,C or D” as an example. The problem is, he or she hasn’t set up the right expectation and clarified what service they will be giving you.
- They are disorganised and may not be the financial planner for you. They may suit someone else who has a similar personality.
- He or she are too busy. This may relate to the above but may also be a positive for you. It might mean they are good at their job. But once again, she hasn’t communicated this to you and if this is a concern, we suggest filling in our two minute form.
- His or her practice has changed and evolved. You may have needed basic or, at the other end of the spectrum, complicated advice and his or her evolution does not suit your future needs.
The bottom line here is if you’re are unhappy, you have nothing to lose. This is a free service and after filling in the form (remember it takes two minutes) you’ll be on your way to accessing a more suitable person.
Firstly if you’re financial planner is charging you the earth for their services and you’re not getting any financial or time benefit, then it is time to fill in our two minute form.
Financial advisers who are in regular contact with you can see if employment is a challenge for you or if your finances may need tightening up or further scrutiny. Finally, any associated investment you would make to use a financial planner can be taken indirectly , usually through super. A financial planner should be giving back not taking. There may be something you want reviewed about your financial situation and we would suggest one of our hundred of financial planners, review it. Fill in the form and get the peace of mind.
I have never used a financial planner before or recently
You might be young and someone advised you to see a financial planner, maybe you’re in your thirties and realise the government is not going to be capable to support you in retirement, maybe you’re approaching retirement and want to see what your options are, whatever your life stage, you have come to the right place to help you achieve your goals.
We know if you are checking this site out, you are happy to see a financial planner, and want to make sure this is the service for you. Please check out the information below to see why:
As stated on the home page, before we refer any financial planner to you, we vet them. We get references from their last 3 clients. We will not refer a financial adviser to you who has received poor feedback from any clients. In this way you can trust the financial adviser we refer to you.
Trust comes in many forms and is a word thrown around like a ball in the industry. There are different types and levels of trust and we mean the following:
- You can trust your financial planner to drive you forward to your financial destiny. If you get off track they can make sure you stay goal focused.
- You can rely on them to know what they are doing and expertly address any concerns.
- You can trust them to make recommendations in your best interest and not because they must sell you a certain type of product or service.
- You can trust your financial adviser to call you back and follow up with you in a timely manner, if you requested them to do so.
All financial planners we refer to you are part of an industry body like the FPA and as such are required to behave in a certain way and have a minimum standard.
The good news is we can see if a financial planner has been suspended from their association and this will avoid heartache for you.
As stated above sometimes there may be an investment to use a financial planner. There are different pricing structures to suit your needs. Some financial planners get paid by product providers, some encourage a fee for service either upfront or ongoing (this seems to be a trend), some use a time basis to charge and there are some who have a hybrid arrangement.
In the comments section of the two minute form let us know what kind of financial planner you would like to access and we can match you accordingly.
Before making the decision to engage a financial planer to develop a strategy for you, the best idea is to meet them first. This is because in most instances the inital consultation is at their expense and gives you peace of mind before you invest anything. A good financial adviser is a problem solver and can make sure if you don’t have a lot of money to invest, they develop a solution that works for you.
We go deeper than a reference check and make sure they are competent and credible. Among other things we:
- Interview them for you.
- Review their credentials and understand what to look for.
- Check them out through their association.
- Look deeply into their ABN/ ACN and see if they have any complaints against them.
- If they are a new connection, get feedback from their last three to five clients.
Don’t take our word for it, fill in our two minute form and put us to the test.
The form has four simple steps. Your name and details, your income and when you want to meet the financial advisor and further information.