Chris Lau- CFP
Senior Financial Planner-Life Span Financial Planner
I Have been in the financial advice industry for over 10 years. I am a Certified Financial Planner with the highest designation in financial planning and a commitment to the highest standards. I completed a Self Managed Super fund course and I have also completed a Diploma in Mortgage Broking and practice as a mortgage specialist for my clients too.
I have a young family with two little girls. I am originally from South Africa and outside of my family and enjoy spending time with friends and I love everything to do with sports. At the moment I play tennis, squash, table tennis, badminton and golf.
- Certified Financial Planner.
- Certified Financial Planner – Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning – Integrity Education Group.
- Diploma of Mortgage Broking – Kaplan.
- Diploma of Financial Planning – The Australian Institute of Financial Services and Accounting (AIFA).
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Economics).
- University of Witwatersrand (South Africa).
I educate and empower clients to make smart decisions with their money. Working closely with clients, I ensure that they understand and are involved in the financial planning process. By keeping things simple and straightforward provides my clients with confidence and certainty that they will achieve the financial security they desire.
Why Me versus Other Financial Planners?
I had an upbringing with financial challenges and I felt firsthand the different challenges this brings not only to the way you experience life but how it can shape you as a person. I was lucky enough to have an education and my purpose is to try to help as many people and families as I can to be financially secure so they can live the life they want to live.
- Always client first – Putting the client first is in my DNA. I place great importance on being responsive and connected to my clients.
- Empathy & understanding – I take the time to listen, understand and empathise with my clients.
- Strong connection – Having a transparent, trusting and respectful relationship with my clients.
“It is important that we work in a positive, open, friendly, professional environment. This will in turn flow through to our clients. I do believe our core values at Life Span are but are not limited to honesty, accountability, respect, caring, reliability, integrity, commitment, loyalty and drive.”